Sell your birds, eggs, and used poultry equipment. No traders allowed
For Sale Forum Rules: Read before posting
Open for new posts and comments from 6am to 11pm only.
The For Sale Forum is not a general discussion forum, it's a dedicated forum for buying and selling birds and eggs. As such, there are a number of rules that posters and commenters must follow. If you step outside these rules, your post or comment will be removed, and you may find yourself banned from the forums.
The general forum rules apply to this and all Irish Fowl forums. Please ensure you have read them before posting:
The following rules apply specifically to the Market Place :
1. BUYER BEWARE! It shouldn't need to be said, but there you go.
2. No traders. Private sellers only. Exception to Owners of site and paid advertisers.
3. Only birds, eggs, or poultry products can be advertised for sale in the Market Place. And they must actually exist - you can't sell something that might hatch at some point in the future. If you can't take a picture of it, you're not allowed to sell it here. The only exception to this rule is where a moderator has given you permission.
4. Specify what you are selling in the title. 'For Sale' on its own is not a sufficient title.
5. You are only allowed one For Sale ad every TWO days. This means you need to think before you post, and group your birds for sale into a single ad.
6. No re-posting or 'bumping' an ad within 7 days. This means that you are not allowed to post an ad for the same birds until 7 days have passed. If you look for loopholes to get around this, then just assume you've broken the rule.
7. Provide a detailed description of the birds you are selling, as well as a general location. Links to an ad on Done Deal are not sufficient.
8. You should not post private information such as phone numbers or email addresses in your ad or in the comments. Communication is better left to Private Messages. Seriously, putting your mobile phone number out there for all to see is just plain stupid - so think before you do it.
9. Only genuinely interested parties should comment or question the advertiser. The Market Place is not an avenue for general comment on birds or prices.
10. If you have a photo (your own, not Google's), you should post it by following the Posting Pictures instructions:
11. Any disagreement between buyers and sellers after birds have been sold should not take place on this forum. That's what phones are for.
We're hosting this Market Place for Poultry Fanciers in Ireland, but we're not policing it. The responsibility still lies with the buyer to ensure that he's getting a good deal, and buying quality birds. Read rules 1 and 11 again. If you're not happy with these rules, then don't use the Market Place forum.
Now get selling and buying!
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010